- This event has passed.
February 8 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Rally your family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers! The Annual Targhee Cup Adult Race League is a fun and social event open to skiers and snowboarders of all abilities. Join us for five consecutive Thursdays of gates, giving, and good times. Cash awards and bragging rights will be presented to the top three winning teams after the final race in the series.
Targhee Cup Registration
Adult Race Leauge Waiver
Please share our event page with all of your team participants. Every participant will need to complete a GTSSF and a GTR waiver before the event. Completing your waivers dramatically improves our ability to run a successful event.
Each race team member must complete a GTSSF and a Grand Targhee Resort waiver.
Targhee Cup Schedule
Week One: Practice
Week Two: GS
Week Three: Slalom
Week Four: Long GS
Week Five: Dual
Week Six, Final: Kombi (Two Runs Per Team Member)
1:30pm – 2:00pm Course Inspection
2:00pm – 4:00pm Racing Open
Palmer’s Raceway / Big Thunder
Series Awards The Award Ceremony will follow the Final Event.
$200 cash prize for 1st
$100 cash prize for 2nd
$ 50 cash prize for 3rd
What do I get for sponsoring a team?
- The Business can register its team of up to 6 members under the business sponsor name (the members don’t have to be employees), of which one needs to be of the opposite gender.
- GTSSF crew will hang a banner no larger than 2.5 x 6’, purchased and provided by the sponsor, in the finish corral at the timing shack each of the five weeks.
- Your business logo will be published on the GTSSF website.
- Your business name will be tagged in social media posts.
- Your business name will be included in weekly standings announcement on GTSSF website, the GTSSF Instagram and Facebook pages.
- Your business name will be listed in the thank you ad in the Teton Valley News at the end of five weeks.
- Announcement of sponsors during race announcements.
What do I get for sponsoring the event series?
- Your large business banner, provided by the sponsor, at the finish area.
- Your business logo and website link will be added to the GTSSF website.
- Your business name will be tagged on appropriate social media posts.
- Inclusion in League press releases for local news articles.
- Your business name is in the TVN. Thank you at the end of the series.
- Announcement of sponsors during the race.
I want to join a team, or I need team members.
- Sign up as a single entry, and we will try to place you on a team with an empty spot.
What if you are not able to race the entire series?
- You may register as a single up until the Tuesday before each race.
Rules, Scoring & Results
Targhee Cup Rules
- Each team may have up to 6 members, 1 must be of the opposite gender.
- Each team may have up to 2 alternates (substitutes) if an original member cannot attend. The alternate must ski under the original member’s name or be listed on the team roster as an alternate.
- If a racer is injured, they may be replaced for the remainder of the season.
- Every competitor will get 2 runs between 2-4pm. The combined time will be scored.
- Each competitor will be assigned a bib number for the league. Remember your number after the first week.
- Competitors must check in with starter prior to running course and state their bib number.
- Hiking is allowed in course and time will count as long as passage is ensured.
- Helmets must be worn while running the race course.
Targhee Cup Scoring
- Race results are scored by gender.
- Only 6 members can be scored per event.
- One female and one male must be scored.
- Each racer will be assigned points descending from 10-1, beginning with 10 for first place. After every 10, the points “restart” with 10. (i.e. a racer finishing 11th, 21st, 31st, etc. gets the same points as 1st, and so on..)
- The best 4 scores of the up to 6 point-scoring-racers will be used for each team’s weekly score using assigned point system described above.
- DNF and DQs will result in a score of zero.
- Hiking is permitted, and as long as proper passage is made the time will post.
- Each team will receive a total score for each race which will count toward the overall series results.
- Ties: Should any two teams within the top three overall tie in points, the following method will be used to break the tie: the fifth pointed team result within each race will be added to each race’s calculation for a new, overall point total. The team with the higher amount of points wins. Should the teams still tie, the sixth pointed team result within each race will be added to each race calculation. Should the teams STILL tie, then it’s destiny. The winner will be decided by rock, paper, scissors!
Targhee Cup Results
- A protest period for any scoring/timing discrepancies will be allowed until 5pm on race day. After 5:00pm on race day, all results are final.
- Results will be distributed the day of in the Trap. Stay to see results and enjoy your free pitcher of beer!
- Results will also be posted to the website following each race and submitted to the Teton Valley News.
- Cumulative points for the entire series by team will be used to determine winners.