Skill Development & Focus
Emphasis will be on responsible and realistic decision making in big mountain scenarios and technical tricks. Focus on technique and proper movement patterns. Ability to execute a carved turn with pole plants and exploring inverted trampoline and skiing skills. This program is modeled after the 5 basics in IFSA Judging: Line, Technique, Control, Style and Energy.
Introduction to competitions at FUN local events.
Not Required, however athletes are encouraged to compete in fun focused local events. Local Events offer lots of comp experience, are inexpensive to enter, and a excellent way to meet new peers. Grand Targhee or Wednesday Night Lights at Snow King.
- IFSA Schedule is here.
- Jackson Hole Ski & Snowboard Club events information found here.
- Grand Targhee events are here.
- Snow King events here.
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort events here.
* We are the Northern Region, You can do one out of region event per season.
NOTE: We are the Northern Region, You can do one out of region event per season.
On Snow Schedule
Saturdays and/or Sundays (Comp 2 Day) at Grand TargheeResort. (As Scheduled by Coaches)
- Wednesday, 1:30pm-4:00pm
- Saturday and/or Sunday, 8:30am-3:00pm
Academy Program (A mid-week training program)
Riders can participate in the mid-week Academy Program offerings.
Riders are highly encourage to participate in the GTSSF Trampoline sessions at Teton Indoor Sports Academy. Workouts include: gymnastics, trampoline and tumble track.
Athletes are also highly encouraged to attend the Strength Training Program.
*One session of each Trampoline and Strength Training are included in this program
- Skis: One pair of all mountain skis, potentially another pair of pow skis .
- Boots: Proper fit with good flex. No extra space in shin area.
- Poles: GS standard length. SL-pole guard for blocking and protection, pole may be slightly shorter.
- Protection: Helmets are required. Head, arm, hand, shoulder, shin, back and teeth (mouth guard) protection is highly recommended. Back protection (back protector) is required for competition practice and event days.
- Avalanche Equipment: A beacon*, probe, shovel, and a board carry back pack.
All Avalanche Equipment is required for out of bounds or slack country travel. Coaches have no discressionary options for athletes who have either missing or improperly maintained avy equipment.
*Ortovox avalanche kits are available for rent through GTSSF. Contact GTSSF if you need to rent a beacon.
IFSA Competition License are located here. * see Freeskiers.org for current pricing information