Skill Development & Focus
Athletes will focus on having fun on the snow. Skiers will learn cross country ski skills through ski play and will gain an understanding of teamwork and fair play. Skiers will learn the basics of classic skiing technique and fitness training, as well as a general appreciation of and respect for cross country ski equipment.
On Snow Schedule
10 Weeks starting January 2nd, 2023 – March 5th, 2024
Tuesday – Thursday, 4:00pm-5:00pm, at the Alta Track
* Starting in February, when there is more daylight, practices will be 4:00pm-5:15pm.
- Boots: Classic ski boots.
- Skis: Uses classic skis. Fit is essential and should be selected to fit skiers’ weight and height. Skis are properly waxed and maintained at all times by the athlete.
- Poles: One pair of classic poles.
- Ancillary Equipment: Weather-appropriate clothing for all practices.
- GTSSF Rentals: We have a wide range of boots, skis, and poles to fit most athletes for a nominal rental fee.