Skill Development & Focus
Emphasis will be on responsible and realistic decision-making in big mountain scenarios and technical focus in the terrain park. Focus on technique and proper movement patterns. Ability to execute a carved turn and explore off-axis trampoline skills.
Athletes should be comfortable in terrain parks and all-mountain skiing.
Introduction to competitions at FUN local events. Not Required, however, athletes are encouraged to compete in fun-focused local events. Local Events offer lots of comp experience, are inexpensive to enter, and an excellent way to meet new peers.
- IFSA Schedule is here.
- Jackson Hole Ski & Snowboard Club events information is found here.
- Grand Targhee events are here.
- Snow King events here.
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort events here.
On Snow Schedule
Saturdays and/or Sundays (Home 2 Day) at Grand Targhee Resort. (As Scheduled by Coaches)
- Wednesday, 1:30pm-4:00pm
- Saturday and/or Sunday, 8:30am-3:00pm
Riders are highly encouraged to participate in the GTSSF Trampoline sessions at Teton Indoor Sports Academy. Workouts include gymnastics, trampoline, and tumble track.
Athletes are also highly encouraged to attend the Strength Training Program.
*One session of each Trampoline and Strength Training are included in this program
Academy Program (A mid-week training program)
Riders can participate in the mid-week Academy Program offerings.
- Skis: One pair of all mountain skis, potentially another pair of pow skis.
- Boots: Proper fit with good flex. There is no extra space in the shin area.
- Poles: GS standard length. SL-pole guard for blocking and protection, the pole may be slightly shorter.
- Protection: Helmets are required. Head, arm, hand, shoulder, shin, back, and teeth (mouth guard) protection is highly recommended. Back protection (back protector) is required for competition practice and event days.
- Avalanche Equipment: A beacon*, probe, shovel, and a board carry backpack.
All Avalanche Equipment is required for out-of-bounds or slack country travel. Coaches have no discretionary options for athletes with either missing or improperly maintained AVY equipment.
*Ortovox avalanche kits are available for rent through GTSSF. Contact GTSSF if you need to rent a beacon.
IFSA Competition Licenses are located here. * see Freeskiers.org for current pricing information